Flirting With Disaster

What's wrong with a little flirting?

Monday, October 20, 2008

They says its your birthday---nah, nah, nah, nah---

I have been receiving a great deal of flack lately- for something that quite honestly- am I sure boils down to jealousy and truly poor PR on the part of my friends and coworkers.
October is (for any who don't already know) BIRTHDAY MONTH!!! This is the special month where we celebrate all things related to me, my conception, and continued existence on this Earth. Considering I was an unplanned pregnancy, my life expectancy has been exceptionally long. And really an continued existence- with all of the shenanigans my good friends and family were able to get us into- deserves more celebration than a day...more celebration than a week. Really it takes a complete month to truly celebrate all that my surviving another year deserves.

Unfortunately not everyone appreciates the amount of celebrating necessary. Some of my coworkers have started giving me grief on birthday month. I think this is because they don't really understand its wonderfulness. I think they are also jealous that they don't have a complete month- but that is not my fault. Birthday month has taken years of self-promotion and positive PR. This is the first year that my students (now that we are on year two they are trained) have completely joined in and signed on to birthday month. I'm not saying the PR is easy--or getting everyone on board will happen.
I'm just saying that it is so worth it. So stop being a hater- go get your own birthday month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home