Flirting With Disaster

What's wrong with a little flirting?

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

On the Road Day 1ish

I began the first day of my trip by not sleeping.  It wasn't just the excitement of leaving to spend time with Lisa...I also had an important job to do.  Meghan had not seen far too many classic 80's and 90's movies.  Our evening began with a little bit of Troop Beverly Hills.  This is the classic 90's sleep over movie- all of my favorite childhood sleepovers include a viewing of this movie.  We then moved on to Empire Records and then some High Fidelity.  By this time it was 3:30 in the morning and time to take me to the airport.
I boarded a plane to Atlanta with a second flight into Chicago.  My first flight was awful- my first experience being air sick- followed by a second flight that was better than the first.
I arrived in Chicago and was greeted at the airport by my dear college friend Mr. Man.  He brought me back to his adorable home where I was able to visit with his beautiful wife and my college RA Kathy.  Kathy and Scott have been working to carefully clone two of the most adorable mini-me's I have ever seen.  It was a good thing those boys were cute because not long into my visit I was forced down into a dank, murky very spooky crawl space to wait out the tornadoes that loomed overhead.  If I hadn't had two such strong and brave young men to protect me, I definitely would have freaked.  But both boys were champs and didn't flinch during our 35 minutes in captivity.
The rest of the evening was spent in wonderful reminiscing over college and talk of dreams for the future.  I am so happy that my return trip will include another visit with Kathy and Scott and their beautiful boys!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home