Flirting With Disaster

What's wrong with a little flirting?

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Who does this sound like to you...

I've recently taken a moment to go back and read some of my older posts, and I've had an epiphany. In the last few weeks I've been so concerned with getting recent events documented, that I didn't take the time to tell the story. To really be me. Its just, and then I did this, and then and then and then.
I'm reading a book by a speaker that I love to listen to. When he begins speaking you instantly understand his passion, you feel his excitement. Reading his book, I lose that feeling, that passion...it doesn't sound like him at all. I miss his voice.
So here is my first attempt to find my voice again. Maybe this will sound like me.

Last week at school, I found myself overly amused by two events. Neither was anything ultr-special but both made me smile and realize that my job is a million times better than whatever it is you find to fill your day.
Story 1- I had prepared my class early in the morning I had announced to my class that we would have a school wide assembly. This brought several groans of disappointment that a new guest reader would not come to visit, and instead we had to go to the gym to listen to "talkers". As the day continued my class began interacting with the older grades...talking at lunch, playing on the playground. By the time we came in from recess my class was in an excited frenzy. What in the world could be going on? Was there a new Hannah Montana concert I wasn't aware of? One of my little boys was more than happy to fill me in.."Oh, Miss M., at 2- the whole school is going to a Pepper Alley. Not just us, but middle school tooo....I've never been to a Pepper Alley before." Now to be honest, I also have never been to a pepper alley....but in order to be a quality educator, I tried to correct the confusion. "Sweety (thats what I call kids before I fill them in on their clueless ways) sweety, its called a Pep - Rally." "Oh- sure" was the response. It didn't matter how many times I corrected my little Einsteins. At 2pm, we went to the Pepper Alley in the gym and it was amazing!!

The next tale will have to wait until I'm less tired...and more chatty.

1 Comments:

At 1:48 AM, Blogger Jane Doe said...

Hi! I just stumbled onto your blog while browsing and wanted to say that your post put a big smile on my face! It seems like you really enjoy teaching and kids always seem to have something to teach us as well. Sounds like the 'Pepper Alley' was fun! Nice post. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home