Flirting With Disaster

What's wrong with a little flirting?

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Symbol of love or low tech fire arm....

On Wednesday I had this actual conversation in my classroom. Does this ever happen to anyone else? To preface this story you need to know that my 2nd grade class made beautiful crosses out of clothespins and we were lined up at the end of the day, ready to take them home.
(I now return you to our regularly scheduled story.)

Me: Jacob, Alex, what is that in your hand?

Boys: A cross (looking perplexed...as if they didn't understand why I didn't know what a cross was.)

Me: I see..and what does that cross remind us of?

Boys: Jesus, he died on the cross for us.

Me: And why did Jesus die on the cross for us?

Boys: Because he loves us.
( Now I know you are thinking...great...good job Erin, your class is theologically sound. Whats the point?...its coming I promise.)

Me: So the cross is a symbol of Jesus love for us? So maybe we shouldn't be using them to shoot our neighbors. Ok boys?

Boys: Yes mam. (Looking very upset that I had spoiled their fun.)

Thats right...when you are a 7 years old, and a boy...you can turn absolutely anything into a weapon!

I hope your lenten season has been filled with reminders of Gods love like mine has!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home