Flirting With Disaster

What's wrong with a little flirting?

Friday, March 02, 2007

Dictionary Skills

I'm not exactly sure what the reason may be, but whatever it is, the students in my class have taken a shining to reading the dictionary. Now not all of them have picked up on this geeky past time...but a good majority. Anyway, this afternoon during DEAR(Drop Everything And Read) I hear a voice call out "Hey, Miss Malenke, what is jays?"
"What is what?" was my incredibly eloquent and thoughtful response.
"You know, what is jays?" the voice responds.
"I don't know.....spell it" I reply, sounding more and more like the mensa candidate you all know me to be.
This was the reply "oh, ok, j-a-z-z, jays"
"Tylore, thats jazz"
"Yeah, that makes more sense with the definition. Thanks Miss Malenke"

I don't know why the whole event tickled me. But I felt the need to share.
Have an awesome weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home