Flirting With Disaster

What's wrong with a little flirting?

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Am I a Runner??

OK, for anyone who knows me at all, this is a ridiculous question in the literal sense. I hate to run...I have often been quoted as saying "I run for no one". Even in games, I do more of a jogging scamper then an actual run, but I'm thinking a little more philosophically now.
Things are less than stellar at my school right now. Teachers are leaving in a mass exodus, and last night at our school board meeting, the senior pastor reminded people over and over that the school was a multimillion dollar business and needed to be treated and run as such.
WHAT!!! I get paid bumkis, and put in ridiculously long hours because I view my job as a ministry. Teaching at a christian school is a calling and a mission....if I wanted to work for a "business" I would go the public school route. My heart is breaking that the people with the power don't have the same vision, or beliefs. So, I stop and ask is this the place for me...and then I wonder...am I a runner? Do I ditch when things get rough?
I think I might be a runner after all......harsh......

3 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger Luke's parents said...

if it helps...we'll run with ya!

 
At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um..we have a Lutheran school here in Naples, if you want to run west...

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger hannah said...

hey, i'm running too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home