Flirting With Disaster

What's wrong with a little flirting?

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Backhand Land

The last 24 hours I have been inundated with a plethora of backhanded compliments. Seeing as how I know you care about my personal well being, I thought I might keep you abreast of the situation and let you hear about a couple of my favorites.

Last night at bible study we had our group Christmas party. In my attempt to be festive and holiday contemporary, I wore a bright red jumper that makes me look somewhere in the area of twelvish. (My roommate is sure that she owned the exact same dress when she was 12) OH well, I love it anyway. So anywho, one of my extremely eloquent- shockingly single- guy friends comes up and tells me- "I really like that big red thing you are wearing".....yes- apparently I'm big!!!! My clothing is huge and my body is running close behind.....

moving along.....

This morning in reading class I did a Gingerbread Man unit. We colored, read a story and did a story map, followed by a crossword. The kids were really enjoying it...when one sweet little girl comes up to let me know that she is having so much fun in reading. She explains that this is surprising because normally reading is so BORING.

In 24 hours I learned tat I was both fat, and boring...and a host of other backhanded compliments that I will not divulge because I can only let you know how flawed I am in small increments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home