Flirting With Disaster

What's wrong with a little flirting?

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Shallow Like a Kiddie Pool

Over the last couple of days I have been given an opportunity to reflect and see the absolute lameness of about 90% of my thoughts. Of course yesterday was no exception.

Tomorrow my father and some other volunteers are heading down to Biloxi to help my cousin's husband work on rebuilding their home. Within the next couple of weeks I too will be traveling with building supplies to help rebuild a city. So naturally after thinking about all of the things I may need to do to help out my next thought goes to truly important matters....what will I wear? Shallow and lame I know..but its how my mind works. Ah ha I think...I can wear my new shirt from Oregon (dramatic pause) oh wait...its gone. And then I get hit with a pathetic sense of loss...over what? A cheap long sleeve t-shirt from a suvenier shop in Oregon. Talk about your materialistic freaks...its just a t-shirt and it made me sad.

Someday I hope to be evolved enough that I care about the truly important things and not the materialistic crap I surrounded myself with. Keep me in your prayers

On the other hand, I am in a warm home with power and water, surrounded by people that love me and hounded by a phone that never stops ringing. My life is very great right now. The only thing that could make it better would be some little strappy sandals....

evolving is hard work....give me time :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home