Flirting With Disaster

What's wrong with a little flirting?

Monday, July 18, 2005

Trauma in the Sky

As many of you may or may not know, I am on vacation. I am on an incredibly awesome vacation in which I get to see amazing people on the west coast. There are so many fun stories to share, but the most important is the high drama that happened on my flight accross the country.
My morning began normally, race to finish packing, race to the airport.....get hit on in security line by random foreign guy that can't figure out why he gets singled out for the pat down every time he flies....normal check in and flight. No big deal.
My first leg of the journey was from Atlanta to Dallas...I have to admit I was so exhausted from the night before that I fell asleep during the seat belt speach and did not wake up until the male flight attendant woke me up to let me know we were about to land. He made sure to let me know that they could barely hear my snoring over the roar of the jet engines, and that it was really the drool running down my face that amused my fellow passengers. If I had been more awake...I might have laughed.

I then had a couple hour lay over in Dallas. This was ok becuase it gave me a chance to call home and eat a very healthy lunch of two Auntie Anne's pretzels.

My flight from Dallas to LA is when the real excitement and drama ensued. The flight began normally ...no turbulance, a little jabbering from the pilot...the usual. Now to continue I hate airplane bathrooms...not just a little ....but so much that I plan my potty stops to before and after and I will sit in agony just to avoid an airplane bathroom. But before I left Dallas I had Starbucks...and then on the plane I drank an entire Coke. I thought the flight was two hours...but it turns out my time change math sucks and it was a three hour flight. I knew there was no way I could hold out until we landed...so I ventured back...past the really pretty lady that looked way to money to be flying coach...past the gruff male flight attendant....past the entire guys athletic team that took up the entire rear of the plane....just to wait to pee.
Finally, it was my turn, everything went fine, and I was finally able to head back to my seat. I open the door to discover a traffic jam and bells and whistles going off everywhere.

Just my luck to end up at the back of the plane in the bathroom when we are going down. But actually no....a man had collapsed in the aisle ten rows up from the bathroom. Fortunately there was a doctor on the flight as well as oxygen and water. But I was trapped at the back of the plane for twenty minutes with a dad and his son, a bible salesman and the athletic team guys that woke up all of their teammates to make sure they didn't miss out on an opportunity to stare at a random guy on a plane. Also...the woman that was way too money to be in coach actually ended up being the air marshall on our flight. Who knew they could wear such cute shoes. I will try and post a picture...I really want to be an air marshall if it means I get to dress like that.

That was my drama for the flight...I have gotten to do so many fun things and have met so many cool people, but that will just have to wait for next time.
Keep reading..I know you will want to hear about all of the abuse I have taken and the Harry Potter party I went to. Until later.

2 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

HARRY POTTER PARTY, if you had told me sooner i could have gotten my travel plans aligned, but alas again, i have been ditched... oh and this time is worse than all those other times, because it is by the one girl that was with me all those times that we got ditched by all those thousands of people only to discover that we were uncool, and now i have descended to an even lower level of cool since my good friend erin did not even find me rad enough to invite me to her harry potter party. goodness gracious, i AM lame. i was beginning to wonder why you weren't calling and now i know... you're too busy with you real friends, worshipping harry potter, and his greater good, to call me. ouch erin... ouch. you cut me... you cut me real deep.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Pete said...

attractive air marshals, almost as unheard of as the attractive wal mart worker i saw the other day...we are talking woman, not girl, woman, not just attractive...one of the beautiful people, working at a wal mart...who knew it could happen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home