Flirting With Disaster

What's wrong with a little flirting?

Friday, September 30, 2005

Have you seen my home?

I have realized in the last couple of days that home is an elusive and confusing idea. What is a home? And more importantly....where is my home. When I was in college I went through the whole two places feeling like home bit. When I went back to Alabama...that felt like home, but when I went up to Wisconsin, that felt like home. The longer I have been away from my parents house the less it feels like "HOME" in that this is where I permanently belong sense...but for a couple of days I always feel content and happy in my familiar growing up surroundings.
On Wednesday when I went up to Milwaukee and revisited Hales Corners I had that same sense of coming home. It was familiar and comfortable. I knew the people and felt a sense of belonging...but that's not really home either.
When I am around certain people I feel like I have come home, but their locations keep changing...
according to the US postal service my home is still New Orleans, but after this afternoon my apartment will be empty and my stuff will be back in Alabama..
so I continue to wonder
........where is my home?

1 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Blogger Pete said...

my grandma had a thing in her kitchen that said "Home is where the Heart is"....haha, i know where your home is...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home